I start a new job next week and it’s going to be my first Head of Fundraising role.
Scary? Yes. Exciting? Unbelievably so.As well as tying up the loose ends and saying bye to the fantastic colleagues I’ve worked with other the last 5 ½ years I’ve been thinking about the new job and what I want to find out in the first week.
Here are some of the key stats I think I should be looking at, can you think of anything else?
- Number of donors by giving type
- Recency, Frequency and Value analysis
- Income/expenditure by fundraising type (e.g.direct mail, major gifts etc)
- Attrition rates
- Communications plan
- Appeal results
- Welcome, thanking and donor care plans
- Top 100 donors and giving history
- Getting out and visiting some of the projects I’ll be raising money for
- Speaking to as many donors as possible
- Looking for some ‘easy wins’ to gain credibility and trust in my ability
Is there anything else I should be thinking about?