I need to start today with a confession and apology. In my last post I quoted some results from a recent campaign and, somewhat embarrassingly, they were wrong. I've now updated the post with the correct (and not quite as good) results.
I'm very sorry about this. As penance, here is my latest round-up of fundraising articles worth reading:
The annual IFC was held last week in Amsterdam and there's a slew of good posts and articles about some of the sessions:
- Reuben asks 'What would Martin Luther King have done with a smartphone?'
- 101 Fundraising with a number of session summaries.
- Fundraising Collective with 10 things about IFC.
- UK Fundraising on big data.
- Paul also reflects on the opening plenary from Bill Toliver.
- Charlie with some thoughts on loyalty and asking.
Queer Ideas on designing for readability.
Jackie on using our brains and empathy.
Kevin with some thoughts on the St John Ambulance ad I flagged recently.
Jeff on the secret weapon that can supercharge your fundraising.
The latest Passionate Giving series is on assessing your own performance as a fundraiser.
Karen Zapp on integrated fundraising.
Katya with five technology shifts changing our world.
Tom at Bluefrog looks at some mobile fundraising ads.
I liked this story about lowcostholidays.com Facebookjacking Thomas Cook - via Web Ink Now. Very clever, and in the off chance that lowcostholidays.com are reading, then I really need a star prize for our Winter Ball at the minute...